Wednesday, December 24, 2008

4 more inches of snow!

Monday night and Tuesday morning gave us at least 4 more inches of snow. The Fargo paper said that Fargo is almost at its record snow fall for December so I am sure we have to be close also. Man am I glad I got a snow plow blade for the 4-wheeler this year, sure does beat using the snow blower and shhhh don't tell anyone but it even makes snow removal kinda fun! It is much better to have too much snow than not have any so I will not complain.

Temps were a little bit warmer the last couple nights but last night it was -14. The cardinals have been signing in the pine trees in the morning. When I load the wood boiler in the morning the cardinal will usually call back if I whistle to it. I have been doing that for several years. I wonder what the life span of a cardinal is? Could it be the same one or many different ones? Who knows. It sure confuses the dog, he gives me a funny look when I whistle and he is right next to me and when the cardinal whistles back he sure looks even more confused.

I had 2 swans fly overhead yesterday morning, trumpeting out their song as they went. I looked for them in the river by Zorbaz but didn't see them. Maybe finally making a press south or they might have a different winter spot.

Merry Christmas and remember Jesus is the reason for the season.

Jon

3 comments:

Margaret and Lloyd said...

Jon, I enjoyed looking at your blog. A Merry Christmas too you and your family and may our Lord continue to bless you.

By the way, my wife, Margaret, is a cousin to your Aunt Bonnie. Take care and God bless, Lloyd

Jon said...

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year! I hope you continue to enjoy the blog. It is nice to hear from relatives even distant ones that I dont even know.

Seeing your from Oregon really brings back the memories of the few times I was there and was blessed to be able to spend some time with my Great Grandmother Rose!

Jon

Margaret and Lloyd said...

Margaret and I really enjoyed our visits with grandma Rose. She was such a sweet and kind lady. Margaret's dad was Elmer Frost, who was a son of grandma Rose. We wish you a Blessed and Happy New Year. God bless, Lloyd