Friday, November 21, 2008

2008 Swimming Season ends!


Last nights low of 7 degrees and no wind put an official end to the 2008 swimming season.....(Gilmore Froze over completely).... well for me it ended sometime in August. The last time I know the kids were in the lake was the middle of October but I am sure they snuck in a quick splash when I wasn't looking after that. I guess if your one of them thar polar plunge types you could still get out a chainsaw and make your own swimin' hole. You should wait for the ice to get some thickness first.


Well I wonder who will be the first one on the ice this year? How about the first one to drill a ice fishing hole? By the looks of it this morning the cats have already tested the ice, I am sure they are wondering what happened to their favorite drinking hole.


I am sure I will hear this question this weekend, "Dad when can we start skating on the lake." My answer will be the same as always, as soon as the ice is thick enough. Hopefully it will get thick enough to walk on before we get too much snow so the ice rink will have a smooth surface.


The picture above is of last years rink, Hopefully I will get a post in for a light for this years rink.


Jon

No comments: