Friday, April 24, 2009

Ice Free Baby!

Gilmore iced out last night about 7:00 PM! Winters grip on Lake Gilmore is lifted. Thursday November 20th to Thursday April 23rd was the 08/09 Lake Gilmore ice covered season... let see how many days was that.... getting out Julian Calendar...... 154 ice covered days.

The kids have already started asking when I will get the water trampline set up. (We found a used one for $50 at a garage sale last year, it needs some pathing but those things retail for $1500 so it was a steal.) I think the water trampoline season isnt going to start until at least after Memorial weekend. Sheesh kids were wading in the water the last two nights. I am going to have to have genetic testings on them because I wonder if they might be part frog or some other cold blooded beings....

Take Care

Jon

2 comments:

Randy and Bonnie said...

Hey Been awhile since an update? How is fishing and how was fishing on Red lake. I was going to post on facebook but couldn't find the comment part on your page. :-)

Hugs Aunt Bonnie

Jon said...

Wow it has been ahile since I updated this page.... Red Lake fishing was great a little on the cold and windy side but when you catch 50 to 100 walleye per person per day its fun! Some people complain that thay can only keep 4 under 17 but I just love catching them so to release 99.9% doesnt bother me a bit. Havent fished my lake too much the kids are catching panfish and bass.