Sunday, March 29, 2009

Signs of True Spring

So a recap of last week. Last Sunday I seen my first Robin of the year, we actually saw 4 flying together across the road. Then the weather turned cold and we had some more snow mid week and lower teens for lows and lower 30's for highs. This Saturday and Sunday we have had highs in the lower 40's today was 47 degrees but with the bright sunshine it felt much higher than that. You can tell by the warmth of the sun that winter is really losing its grip on us.

Today the kids seen a Red Winged Blackbird! Yes! One of my favorite sounds and sights of the spring is the Red Winged Blackbird, its song does wonders to lift my spirits from the winter doldrums. Cant wait to hear its song now. If you have never heard the Red Winged Blackbird song you can hear it here http://www.learnbirdsongs.com/birdsong.php?id=25

Take care and enjoy the coming spring.

Jon

1 comment:

Randy and Bonnie said...

Yes I can tell these birds are back too as I can't seem to keep the birdfeeders full... also the finches are starting to change color. :-)