Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cutting wood

Since the winter has been so much colder than average already, our wood pile is going to be short. Today I started cutting the dead trees on my property and let me tell you the snow is deep in the woods. I would say on average 3 feet. I got a good workout cutting one 4-wheeler trailer of wood yesterday!

I cant help but think the deer are really going to have a hard time making it through this winter unless we don't get much more snow or it warms up enough to do some serious melting...... Next years hunting season might be a little tough. The good thing about that is any deer in the TB zone that are sick should not make it this winter and hopefully we will come away with a TB free deer heard by spring. I think new hunters that have never hunted before the light winters of 2000 - 2006 will be in for a real surprise. I know there are many hunters that haven't had to hunt in a buck only zone or lottery only zone. Management tags and intensive harvest permits might be scarce next fall.....

Jon

No comments: